Friday, February 26, 2021

Group Meeting

      Our class participated in a group meeting virtually in breakout rooms on Microsoft Teams. It was a great way for my classmates and I to share our ideas and understand each other's plan for our projects and give  feedback. I was able to listen to other ideas for documentaries and short films and I gave insight on how to make their productions even better. When it was my turn to present to my classmates what idea I had for my documentary I discussed with them about how the topic may be related to dance but we are still deciding what team we would be able to interview and if this concept could actually come to life. I really appreciated the feedback I received. They stated that this idea is something that can be done considering  the environment that we are currently in ,and it isn't a topic that causes any controversy or would be too  complicated to film. 

      I discussed that my group and I want to follow the conventions of the documentary but also seek to make it unique and entertaining. They said on the topic of dance it would be best to illustrate a documentary on something more specific under that umbrella. They believe it would be more interesting if we focus on college dance or maybe a specific type of dance and maybe include some elements of the history behind it as well. They also mentioned that due to this being a five minute piece of a full length documentary it is also important to remember to keep that in mind when filming and editing. My peers also pointed out if their is a dance studio or college we want to work with within our documentary it is important to reach out to them as soon as possible.  Overall, the group meetings were very beneficial and I was able to get an outside perspective of how to make this production as successful as possible. Their insight and ideas will help me during this process

No comments:

Post a Comment