Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Finally developed an idea...

     One idea was inspired by something I wrote for creative writing class. I wrote the first three chapters to a romance novel, I really enjoyed writing it and seeing it come to life would be really interesting. However, for this project I think it is cliche and may come across as quite boring. This plot idea is about a girl that lost her dad and gets anxious when she hears sirens because it gives her flashbacks about what happened. She has no interest in finding a boyfriend because she has a fear of losing her loved one as her mom did. If I were to use this as an idea I would establish the main character and then the first interaction with a guy, but I know with a more unique idea I can execute something better.
      Another idea I was thinking about would be establishing an idea that is relatable to teenagers in our generation which is two best friends, a girl and a guy, unexpectedly falling in love. Maybe something I can do is establish the main character as a girl and she is walking to class with her guy best friend and he hands her a paper that is a bucket list of  they want to do together and he waits outside. After thinking about this and discussing the idea with my peers I think it is also cliche and not that interesting.
     I think I want to take a more simple approach in which I can develop a straightforward two minute film opening. The first two minutes may not involve a romance element just yet because that may be an element that would be included further on in the movie. I would want it to be a scene involving  about this teenage girl that has a list of things she wants to do before she graduates and the main focus would be to show the credits in a unique way, develop the main character, and the concept of her being a teenager seeking for adventure and fun things in her life.
 Sharing film opening ideas and brainstorming with my classmate Briana 

No comments:

Post a Comment