Thursday, February 27, 2020

Costume Design


     I want to create a character that has an old school, vintage, unique, trendy style that represents her distinctive and confident persona. I want her to look as if she cares about her appearance and is happy with what she sees in herself as a person. With the use of blending fun colors in her clothing, it can help establish her personality as well as her attitude towards her life. What the main character wears has a large impact and will help distinguish the mood and style of the production. I want her to wear something that looks as if she is a trendsetter and a leader with ambition. Her costume will aid in the process of introducing her personality from the beginning just based on what she wears and how she presents herself to the people around her.

     I believe that some outfit inspirations I found on Pinterest is a great resource for my project. I think that this platform is going to be beneficial to the process of selecting the final outfits and costume props for the characters in my opening. In the links down below it includes the Pinterest costume design inspiration as well as another website that I obtained more information about costume design and the importance of it and the impact it has on the production. One specific costume prop I'm looking for is a painted denim jacket which I was inspired to do in order to show that the main character is an artist with boldness, creativity, and confidence.

denim jacket idea

No comments:

Post a Comment