Sunday, March 1, 2020

Update on my plan

     I decided that I'm going to stick with the idea that I came up with but here is an overview on some things I added and how I plan on executing these ideas. So, the first important element of my film is the beginning. I want to have about 30 seconds to implement a credit scene only. This will include different videos of objects in the main character's room that represent being a teen. These props will show the viewers the credits in a unique way and will inform them that the movie is going to be about a teenage girl seeking for adventure. I believe that will the use of fairly quick shots it will help show how time is going by quickly in her life.

     The scene will proceed to include the development of the main character which is another major factor in a good film opening. From the start the audience should be able to know who the story is focused on and this is done by introducing her first. Her image based on the previous costume design post will develop her personality and drive about life. The viewers will learn quickly that she is an artistic person based on the mis-en-scene elements around her room and with her painted denim jacket. I want her to be playing music as she's getting ready to add an element of what music she is into, in which will also develop her character. This will be diegetic sound from inside her room.

     She then will show the prop of the list of things she wants to do before she graduates. This part of the film opening is the beginning of developing a narrative. The viewers will begin to understand that she is an adventurous teenager that is seeking for more in her life. She is goal driven and determined and has desires to accomplish things. From here on, depending on the amount of time I have, I can add more. So far this is what I desire to do in my film opening and I believe it can be executed well

No comments:

Post a Comment