Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Media in quarantine

     Although this is slightly unrelated to my film production, I feel that this is something that I wanted to talk about. I have never been through a pandemic like this in my lifetime, but I do know my quarantine experience would have been so different if I was born earlier. This is because with the media being not as advanced, it would have been a harder time for me. Media and technology has really been beneficial during this coronavirus situation. I am so grateful to be able to have media platforms that allow me to stay connected with my friends during this. Communicating with them keeps me in check and I don’t feel myself at home all the time. I have been using group FaceTime on my phone to talk to my friends and stay connected with them. Another way I have been connecting with my friends is through Snapchat. On this social media platform I am able to text in group chats as well as see what people are posting about their experience in quarantine. 

     Other than social media, I have been playing board games online with my friends to keep busy and stay in touch. On this platform called rento fortune, me and my friends connect and play monopoly together. Another website called skribbl.io we connect and play a game like pictionary. Another way I have been staying connected is by listening to the news. Although this is an obvious response, the news has been a very important role in keeping my family and I aware of what is happening with the virus and it has helped me understand what is happening all around the world and the severity of this problem. I have been watching plenty of shows and movies that have helped me stay entertained at home and one movie called “1 Mile to You” has actually motivated me to start running again and staying active.

No comments:

Post a Comment