Saturday, March 21, 2020

How the Corona Virus is affecting my production process

     The situation with the COVID-19 virus is something that is currently affecting my original plan for the film, and I have been brainstorming ways I can make this work.  I am waiting for an update from my instructor during this situation to help figure out how this process will carry out. Schools in the state of Florida are all closed until April 15th as of right now and many people are choosing to stay home to stop the virus from spreading.
     Originally I was supposed to work with Briana as my main character or Julia as my back up. However, with this situation, I have not been allowed to go out and interact with people for the sake of my personal health. The rules implemented by my parents have strongly effected how I can not film with my cast member. Having to be socially distant and self quarantined have caused me to alter some elements of my film opening.
     Last week I wanted to begin the filming process but we had to postpone because of the virus. Now I ca no longer film with Briana, therefore, I have come up with some plan B ideas. I am planning to create a group call with some of my classmates to get their insight and hear how they are handling this situation as well. Even though we are in a crisis I am determined to make this work to the best of my ability and help my peers succeed with this project as well.
     Now I will have to film in my house which has changed the setting of my film. This is something beyond my control, but I can still make it work. I was supposed to borrow my friend's camera but I no longer will have access to it. I realized it's ok because I can still produce an equally stylistic film opening with the camera on my iPhone 8.
     As far as casting goes, I was thinking that I can either be the main character and have my 14 year old sister help me film. Another option would be that I would film and my sister could be the main character. I am fortunate enough to have a sister that can easily fit the role as a high school teenager, and I am lucky that she would be able to help film if I take the role.
     I have weighed out the pros and cons and I realized that I would have to spend some time teaching my sister different camera angles and movement techniques and what composition is. This is something that could take more time than if I was filming with someone with prior knowledge, but it is still manageable. If she were to take the role as the main subject I believe I would have to give her insight on some acting tips and how to fit the role effectively. With Briana, she has more experience with being behind the camera so this would be easier, but my sister can still learn and do it well enough.
     Even though there has to be major changes to my film, I have some up with a method to try to make this accomplishable despite the limitations. I am attempting to stay positive about this situation and I will be discussing it virtually with my classmates to get there opinions and meet with my peers. I will keep you updated on my plan B and what my classmates say.

No comments:

Post a Comment