Friday, March 13, 2020

Target Audience

     Typically this film genre is aimed at women ages 13-18 and sometimes older. In my film, the reason I chose to focus on a female character is to target the female target audience. Based on the data from the graph below females make up 77% of the share of respondents within this genre. Not only will it target females but Skylar Wood is 16 which will target the adolescent audience as well because they can relate to her life being in the same age group. In my film my target audience would be for both male and female’s around the ages of 16-20. In my film I want to stray away from heavy stereotypes and I want my piece to be realistic to the main character’s life to give the film a authentic representation of her life. The socioeconomic side of my target audience for my romance film will be directed at all people of all different classes on the hierarchy.

     As a way for me to make my film more appealing to the target audience I surveyed everyone in my class to find the best title for my film. All my classmates are from 16-18 so they meet the age criteria. My target audience is directed at both genders, and luckily I was able to get a balanced sample of students. This is because out of the 18 students half were male and half were female, this 8:8 ratio removed bias from the sample. Another good element of this survey was that the students in my class are also studying media studies like me, therefore it can be assumed that they have more knowledge of what makes a good title for a film. Overall this was a specific way for me to make sure I attract my target audience. The results from the survey showed that 72.2% liked the title "The Checklist" better and 27.8% preferred the title"A Teenage Dream." From this data I decided to chose the title that has the most interest. My film is officially called "The Checklist!"

Survey was conducted on 3/13/20
                           

Female and male percentages share of respondents 


No comments:

Post a Comment