Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Group meeting part 2

     In class we were put in online breakout rooms with our classmates again and it was a new group of people. I really try to take advantage of this time we have because having some feedback from my peers. We began our meeting conversation by giving each person the opportunity to discuss our project idea and how far we are in the process. It was nice to hear about classmates doing short film and music video projects which is different than what my group and I are doing. After each person had their opportunity to discuss some information about their project we all gave some feedback and advice. We collaborated by coming up with new concepts, blog post ideas, and help with any concerns or struggles they needed help to overcome that they addressed in conversation. It was nice to hear about everyone's planning process and goals for the coming weeks. 

    When I explained my group's project concept about competitive dance in college they really liked the idea. Some feedback I received is to look and compare shots from other docu-series that are related to sports, this was a great idea for finding inspiration for shot ideas. I was also given some feedback that stated that we should focus on more than what the dancers do and how good they are, but more in depth information about the dancer's mindset and passion for what they do and how they feel about competitive dance at UM. They recommended that we let our interviewees see the questions beforehand to have an idea of what they want to say. This will ultimately increase the quality of our production because the questions will be more in depth. 

    Some things I suggested for my other classmates was the free resources that I blogged about this week. I felt that it was important for me to share the different tools I found that will help with the process and outcome of the final piece. I explained the various sources that they can use to find music for their short films and the free editing software they may potentially want to use. I told the people doing the music video to try to reach out to small bands on social media to see if they would respond back and give them tips on the music video creation process and social media. Overall the group meeting was extremely beneficial and everyone left with some good commentary on how to make this process a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment