Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Last Class Group meeting

     Today we had the last microsoft teams group meetings with our classmates about the project. I was able to hear about other documentary projects that other people are doing and to help each other with advice about any decision making obstacles we face. In my group meeting there were 3 other girls that are in my class, this was nice because the target audience for the documentary includes females in this age range so their feedback is important for making choices for this piece. After everyone explained their concept and how far along in the process they were, we posed questions for feedback. 

    We discussed various platforms to create the magazine article and we all agreed that Canva is a great resource option available to us. After looking over the website again I discovered that there is many font choices as well as layouts to make our magazine stand out and attract people to watch the documentary. I was able to recommend to my classmate of a good food docuseries we watched in class called "Ugly Delicious,"as a reference/example for her and her partner's production on Matcha. I was also able to suggest that if they are struggling with documenting the process some good ideas to blog about that I thought of was: (font choice,  research on similar pieces, music, the social media element, [poster and thumbnail, etc). A girl in my breakout room meeting suggested a Q & A theme for the magazine because she feels it is informative, engaging, yet simple. 

During this meeting I realized that the time is coming to an end and we are getting closer and closing to finishing the final product. I know that my classmates mentioned they began thinking about the magazine article but they are not starting it just yet. I felt that while Janey and Jennifer are splitting up the editing process, This week I could look over magazines to find some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment